Monday, March 26, 2007

Hungry Minds Kids' Speeches - Culminating Activity

Free


On the first day of school, I was very nervous. I don’t know what will happen to me here in Hungry Minds. What if my teachers and classmates do not like me? What if I am unable to do the things they tell me to do? Then, slowly but surely, I realized that HMS is here to help us. It’s been a year now. Now, I feel more confident to do the things I never thought I can do. Now, I feel more focused in my dreams. I can dream bigger things and make bigger goals, because HMS is there to help me. I am free. We all are.


Journey


My teachers always tell us that Hungry Minds is like a journey for all of us. And what a journey it has been. Several times in the year, I was reprimanded for not being the boy I should be. We cried a lot, and we laughed a lot. We know we are just at the beginning. But our destination is much clearer now. We can dream big. We can reach our goals. This is our journey together.


Sangandaan


As we pause for a while in this journey, we rejoice. We rejoice at all the things we have accomplished this year. We also look back in sadness for all the things we did not do well. But that is why we reflect. In order to move on. Be better next year. This is the crossroads, where decisions are made. We will make that decision – to be successful as Hungry Minds believe we can be.


Do I Make You Proud?


HMS taught us to be confident of ourselves, and to stand tall amidst all obstacles, not to give up trying, even if the task is hard. We have finished this school year. We know we have yet to conquer a lot of things. I know we did our best. We just hope that all these make all of you proud.


Heal the World


I learned in HMS that we have a connection with everything else in the universe. As a physicist said, “When we pick up a flower, we move the farthest star”. The world is not a perfect world. It need not be. What is left for us to do is to change ourselves, so that the whole world can change as well. We can do it. We can heal the world.



We Can Make it Happen

Before I came to HMS, I have but little dreams. I know that somehow, God will help me, and I will be able to reach them. But this seemed so far away. What I learned this year is not to give up reaching for my dream. I have to hold on to my dream. We are all in this together. We can make it happen.

No comments: